Perhaps you did your homework excellently well, located the best software for email marketing and sat down to create those juicy emails. Yes, you polished each sentence, word by word, racked your brain to ensure you get the best subject line. Everything is looking super-clear, and you sit down and off…Published!
What the stats portray isn’t even close to what you expected. The rate of opens isn’t that good; despicable. Click-throughs are even worse.
“Where might have I gone wrong? Where did I veer off the highway?”
Honestly, it isn’t hard, and it doesn’t even cost a cent to get people to open and read your email. But relax.
How to Create Catchy Emails
One extremely prominent error we tend to make is writing the email as if we’re addressing a huge crowd. If you would love to earn more click-throughs, consider behaving more as a friend. Tone down that corporate look and be more of a friend. A conversational, respectful voice seemingly works like a charm.
Practically, master the following email marketing tips.
- Write as if you’re addressing one person.
- Don’t waste their time with needless jargon.
- Be useful – get straight to the point!
- Your “From” part ought to be your name or the name your audience identify with.
- Don’t be creepy; be trustworthy with your intentions.
- Reward them – use a useful tip to inspire or look forward to hearing from you again.
Tips to Get Those Emails Opened
Nearly everyone has an email nowadays. However, even though that is impressive to note, almost everyone’s email has hundreds or thousands of unread emails. Most of them are just the normal “Yeah,” “Yeah” emails with nothing of substance.
Well, to ensure your emails don’t end up drowned out in overflowing inboxes somewhere, start with the following.
About the Subject Line – make them attractive.
Use power words because emotional words attract attention and make your message an instant attraction amongst the thousands.
- Use a number – you’ll appear unique.
- Pique or spur curiosity – bizarre, but calm subject lines sell!
- Simple, intelligent alternatives work wonders too.
- Be adventurous and walk the less followed path – experiment with what no one else has ever done!
- Above all, know your audience and what resonates with them.
Writing Superb, Compelling Emails
After a killer subject line, don’t kill the tempo with a cheap, lackluster email. To ensure you maintain the allure, do the following:
- Enthusiasm comes with writing fast, so write fast.
- Keep it short and concise. Edit with rigor and don’t publish a massive wall of text!
- Imagine you know the recipients – write freely and where possible, ask questions.
- Do not automate your greetings. A good example is “Greetings from my little dog!”
- Use “You” as often as possible – it persuades.
- Don’t publish dull emails – joke a bit.
- Add love and personality!
What No One Will Tell You
Every email marketer struggles, at least once. However, you should be honoured someone gave you their email. So, never take anyone’s attention for granted. Prove your value and write as if the recipient is a friend you know. Above all, don’t bombard them with countless emails on a single week. One or two are optimal!